Friday, February 1, 2013

Here I go again by Jen Lancaster and update

So I haven't blogged in a while. I kind of lost my drive for blogging for a while. As you all know I went through a very dark moment for a bit. I am blessed to say that the light is peaking through. I am still working with doctors and adjusting meds, but we are getting there.

I have had a couple of you ask about the ordeal with Elijah. I really don't have much to report at the moment except it has been turned over to the prosecutor. The detective on the case is waiting for an update to let us know. It has been a trying experience in and of its self. But we and most importantly Elijah is doing well. He brings it up now and again, we let him talk it out and then we all move on.

Now on to the fun stuff!!!
This book takes you back to high school. Ok I can hear some of you grumbling already. But it's not like that. Ever wonder what happened to the Prom Queen, the Jock, the one you thought had it all? This book is a super funny look inside the not so perfect life of "THAT" girl all grown up.

The ups and downs and mistakes she made. She realizes the pain she causes other people and gets an odd chance to go back to try to fix things. But fails to realize that every time she changes something that it has a ripple effect. The book had me hooked I finished in two days, giggling for most of it.

It does have a good story base and reflects on how bullying can hurt someone and change their life forever.
http://www.blogher.com/bookclub/now-reading-here-i-go-again

I received this book as part of the Blogher book club and am compensated for my review. But as always my opinion is my own.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. So do you get to keep the books you preview? (you may have already told me, but you know my memory.... it stinks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the bonus perk to these reviews. I get to keep the books. They all get added to the bookshelves in my room. Next time your over take a look, and borrow one if you like.

      Delete