Friday, February 12, 2016

Another Big Move

As most of you know by now we have moved to Missouri. Several different factors lead to this. One being if Ron was going to continue to drive for a living I needed to be closer to family for support with Elijah in case my health acts up.

As many of you know moving is not fun and it's challenging at its best when you go across town. Several states away lends itself to a whole new ball game.
My dad once again came down to help. And our friends Paul and Cyndi helped more than any friends should. But we got it all packed. By the first day of loading I was exhausted and my body put the brakes on things with 2 seizures in one day. This doesn't happen often and rarely more than one in a day. So I was told several times to take it easy and the thought of me driving 6 1/2 hours at high rates of speed was called into question. Again our friends stepped up and one drove one of the uhaul trucks while the other drove me in their vehicle so they could turn around and go back home. About 3 hours in the second of dad's tires blew on his trailer. Finding a place on a Saturday night in the middle of no where was not happening. But God once again took care of us. It blew right before a rest area so we could safely pull over to inspect it. Ron was able to rig it enough to get to Southhaven to get food and rooms for the night. The next morning we didn't know what would be open on a Sunday but less than a block from the hotel was the only tire shop open on Sundays. They even had the oddball size he needed. We got back on the road and had a safe trip the rest of the way. Our friends even took Ron back down to pick up our truck that was going to be ready that Monday. I sure miss them all ready.

Before we moved up here dad was getting a storage unit for us since we didn't have a house yet. He told the lady he better get two since he hadn't found a house for us. There was another guy standing in there who she turned and said you have any available right now? He did actually. I went and looked at it but it was just not right. He said well I have another but I haven't even had a chance to walk through it yet. We came right over and it was just what we needed. And it wasn't in too bad of shape. We do have a small list of things that he is going to take care of, but he even offered to build a ramp on the front so I can get my wheelchair in and out easy for Elijah and I to go to the park on the next street.
Tell me God doesn't take care of our needs!
And not having been in town but a couple days and Ron already has a job interview after being off work since July!!

I am excited to start this new chapter in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment