Monday, August 30, 2010

Touched my heart.

Ok fair warning I am gonna talk about "church" yesterday. I know that not everyone who may read me believes the same as I do. And that is OK cause isn't that what the good ole USA is about. Isn't that why my son went to war? To maintain our freedoms. Ok that's a whole blog in itself. Back to what my intentions were.

Yesterday during our service we had special guests. They were visiting us from Mercy House/Teen Challenge. For those that don't know what that is, it is a recovery type facility that is based on Christian principles and letting God set you free from your addiction.

I am pretty sure all of us at one time or another have either had an addiction of some sort or loved someone that has/did. Which is maybe why it hit so close to home? Some of the men gave their testimony which was very emotional, because they were emotional. It has always moved me to see someone who was hurting so bad be free of that pain. But the thing that got me was a skit they performed.

It was the same story of a man in chains that is being tormented by the devil and his helpers, drugs, money, "drink" was all pushed in his face and he fought the battle, till all the sudden a "holy" figure enters and helps free him of his chains and addictions. However the part that got me the most was the chains I didn't realize I had. You see there were these people standing on the sides holding signs, that ranged from depression to self pitty. WOW smack in the face. Yes that is right, I knew it, had been taught it, but have looked over it because well quite frankly I didn't want to admit that was me. All of those times I was giving myself the "wow is me speech", the feelings of not being enough for everyone in my life. I could go on and on.

But ya know what those were chains, they were/are holding me back to what God truly wants me to be. He made me in his image and to say I am not worth enough is saying he isn't enough. And that is not really what I feel in my heart. BUT, oh that devil he finds your weak points and chips and chips at them.

I am not trying to preach at anyone or make anyone feel bad. I also believe that as followers of Christ we are to confess our sins to one another and hold each other accountable. So this is a form of cleansing I suppose. I also hope that if it speaks to someone else then it was worth putting it out there for all to see........

No comments:

Post a Comment