Monday, April 9, 2012

April Book Club Review

I am going to try to write 2 post today. This one for the book club and the second about all the stuff going on in our lives.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood was this months book.
I don't usually read books about witches or vampires or any other young adult fiction really. But I thought I would give this one a shot.
Of course like all the Blog Her book club reviews I was given the book and compensated for my review. But the review is all me baby take it or leave it. So I figured why not.

Surprisingly enough I enjoyed it. The book is about 3 sisters who have this "witch" powers. They lost their mother who was also a witch.
However this is during the early 1900's and witch's were put to death. Their mother didn't give much instruction of how to carry on, so it is left to the oldest daughter to keep a hold and try to control her younger sisters. The Brotherhood has taken over and keeps a close eye on everyone. There are restrictions to the books you can read. What women should wear, how they should act. It is so suppressed that the main character Cate envies Arab women and their freedom. It is also about love and bonds between sisters. I don't want to give away the book, lets just say it's good and read it. LOL

I think I will read the next in the series when it comes out.
Come join my at BlogHer and read some other reviews or join a discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment