Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hello is anyone there?

Ok so I have been slacking on the blog the last few weeks. As many of you know from reading facebook or trying to call and check on me. I had strep throat last week and some kind of stomach bug. Oh fun times abound. I actually asked my husband to kill me at one point, cause I thought it would just put me out of my misery. Obviously he was more level headed then I and did not. I can tell you that I would rather give birth to children then to go through that again.

The good news about not really being able to swallow anything or keep it down was I lost another 2lbs. Which is great cause I did not go exercise. As a matter of fact I barely got out of the bed all week. Except toward the end of the week I just couldn't stand it any more. I had been in that sick, sweaty, stinky bed too long. I striped all the bedding and put it in the washer, took a shower, felt human again for a bit. It wore me to the bone, but oh so worth it.

Since I started this process of getting healthier I have lost 17lbs according to the scale at my doctor's office. He was very happy with the results. And so am I. I got down on myself the other night and confided in my hubby about how I feel like a failure in the meltdown because I haven't been able to do all the exercise and achieve the weight loss some have. My wonderful husband reminded me off all the battles I have fought. Between injury and my Lupus with extended sickness. It has been hard. But I have made a change in my eating and drinking habits. I have lost weight. I am keeping up the fight. All is not lost.  In times past I would have given up already. But I am in this to make life changes. To teach my kids a better way. I felt so good the other day when I was walking through kroger with all kinds of fruits and veggies in my basket, not junk.

We got a preliminary itinerary for Hannah's flights the other night. Like this is for real!! Two months from tomorrow she will be flying to Costa Rica. She is still trying to do odd jobs to earn extra spending cash. If anyone has anything they need done, look her up. Babysitting, washing cars, doing dishes. She is not ashamed to do anything LOL.

I feel like I have so much I want to say, but this brain fog has taken over today.  Yes it is a real thing. I have found comfort in reading the message boards over at butyoudontlooksick.com. They know what I am talking about, what my struggles are. I feel not so crazy. I know go ahead and laugh.

Til next time do something nice for someone else and feel the reward!!

1 comment:

  1. I really admire your determination despite all the setbacks. You are doing great. Just keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete