Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Love, life and storms?

Read this article. It is about some of the storms that hit the Mississippi area.
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110427/NEWS/110427004/Deadly-storms-pose-more-dangers-Mississippi?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Ok now that you are done with that. There is a couple things that stuck out to me and broke my heart. The first was the 3rd old that got killed in their bed when a tree fell on the room they were sleeping in. The second was about the father who saved his daughter by laying on top of her and got hit on the head with a tree and died.

Many people have said as long as it's not a tornado then you really don't have to worry. OH REALLY NOW?
I woke up with the storms last night and prayed, got done, and prayed some more. I usually really don't want my baby who is on the eve of 3 (AUGH) sleeping between me and daddy. It makes it hard for the adults to sleep. But if something (God forbid) was to happen, my hope is that our big bodies will protect his little one. Yes I worry about my big baby too (no not Ron). But she is not going to sleep with us. I do realize that if God is calling one of us home, it doesn't matter how much I pray for safety, what will be will be. But somehow praying makes me feel better.
I am wore out, exhausted today. I woke up when the storms came through and stayed awake the rest of the time. With maybe a cat nap in there, but couldn't stay asleep because without power I couldn't wear my machine. And so I had a few minutes to think, and this is where my mind went, come along will you?

Why does it take things like this to make me slow down and take inventory? I know I am blessed, but never realize just how much until you think it might be gone.

The weather is scary all over the US. Too many of us Americans  have been hit by storms, big scary storms. Many have died. Still more homes and possessions are going to be destroyed due to water and more storms to come. I don't advocate living your life in fear of what may be or come. But you do need to live your life, enjoy each day. I hold on to this verse when I am trying to make it through.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version, ©2011)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I get stuck in the rut of trying to plan my own life and not what the Lord has planed for my life. I guess that is what the storms and tragedy have stirred in my heart. To stop and listen. Enjoy, love and live!

On a side note. The prednisone seems to be working, at least to the point that I can move and not cry each time. The storms and change in pressure have still kept things flared up, but not near as bad. The headache may be a combination of all things combined. But I am extremely grateful to have the symptoms I have today then the ones I had a week ago. Thanks for sticking with me through all the complaining about not feeling good. I really try to keep it minimized. This has been the sickest for the longest I have ever been. Hugs go to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment