Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blind Faith

Blind faith, kinda redundant isn't it. Since faith is believing in something without seeing.
I see this in my kids. And we should strive to be more like children.
"Mark 10:13-16 says
And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them. "

I love the fact that at his point in Elijah's life he still thinks kisses heals most wounds. Last night he fell off a stool and as I was laying in bed feeling like I was gonna die, Hannah brought him to me and said "Mom he feel off the stool and scrapped his arm he is not bleeding, but I thought you should know." He said "Mama kiss it" So as I kissed it, he says "thank you" and is off and running again. Yes I know there is actually medical proof that a mothers kiss does release endorphins that do in fact makes kids feel better. But oh the lessons we adults could learn from this.

I have been sicker the last few days. I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday after I was running 102.8 fever. Got a shot and some pills. And now today I am feeling better. However in the doctor's office yesterday it occurred to me that I hadn't prayed about it yet. I pray for other people every day, so and so's family member to get better etc. But yet when it came to my own sickness I hadn't taken the time to lay it down. Maybe it is because we think sometimes that our little problems don't matter. But we should......... Just like Elijah thinks a kiss can heal most anything, prayer can release those same endorphins.

I think God gave us doctors and medicine to help us feel better, but as I am growing and learning I have started to believe that if we ask him to kiss our boo boos he will give us that peace too.

No comments:

Post a Comment